Be rewarded for your ideas and creativity and set a new trend in stationery, photography, floral design and more at the 2016 Excellence Award Ceremony! You will finally be able to showcase your marvelous work in front of your peers in the wedding industry. Your entry will be judged by a panel of experts who will look for something fresh and creative, and the winner for each category will be announced at the March 2016 dinner reception.
Our Category Sponsors
To be announced
Best New Trend
Best Event Design
Best Wedding Detail Or Memory
Venue Of The Year
Vendor Of The Year
Consultant Of The Year
You will be required to write an essay that explains why you should be the winner of this award. Pictures from one of your 2015 weddings will be a great way to complement your essay.
ABC Excellence Leader
Please nominate the ABC Member who has been an invaluable contributor and leader in the industry. Include in your nomination things such as community and/or industry service, sponsorship and donations as well as any mentorship, specific projects or accomplishments that motivate and inspire those around them.
Who is your favorite ABC member? What makes this member a Rockstar? Do you admire her/his style or do you think her/his products/services deserve recognition? Let us know!
Meet the Judges
Judges to be announced.
Click to View the Official Rules
- Only ABC members in good standing are eligible for submissions.
- Submissions will be accepted for weddings that took place between January 1 – December 31, 2015. Please submit only stories and/or pictures from actual weddings (ceremony or receptions).
- Each participant can submit multiple entries but only one per category. If an element or event is eligible for different categories (such as an invitation for Best Announcement and Best Design), then participants can submit it for multiple categories.
- Submissions must include: 1) Appropriate entry form; 2) Pictures describing the element/wedding either on hard copy form or on a CD (up to 8, taken by a professional photographer) OR videos on DVD. Photographer and/or videographer contact information must be included for credit at the Award Ceremony.
- Make sure your name or company name does not appear in the materials that you submit (essay, pictures, videos, etc.). Only the entry form will include your contact information.
- Return your form(s) by Tuesday, February 23, 2016.
- Judges are selected based on their experience in the wedding industry and their expertise (photography, catering, stationery, videography, entertainment, planning and coordination) and they are not ABC members. The entries will be judged blindly without contact or company information. One winner will be chosen in each category.
- Winners will be announced at the March 2016 dinner reception. All entrants should attend or send a representative to receive the award.
- By submitting the entry form for consideration to the San Diego ABC Excellence Awards, entrants authorize San Diego ABC to publish any portion of the entry, including but not limited to, submitted images and materials. In addition, all entries become property of San Diego ABC and will not be returned. Photo credit will be given, if such information is submitted.